During the 2021 Scripps CHAVD All-Investigators Retreat, five Young Investigator Award recipients were announced, highlighting their significant contributions to HIV vaccine development and their broader impact on collaborations across the Consortium.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Zachary (Zack) Berndsen – Ward Lab, The Scripps Research Institute
- Yu (Alex) Kato – Crotty Lab, La Jolla Institute for Immunology
- Julia Merkenschlager – Nussenzweig Lab, The Rockefeller University
- Murillo Silva – Irvine Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Xuesong Wang – Batista Lab, The Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard